- Daily Devotionals
- Bible Devotions
- Devotional Topics
- Spiritual Growth
- Christian Testimonies
- Gospel Videos
Prayer is an integral link in Christian spiritual life, and is the key moment when we have a communion with God. It needs us to open our hearts, speak our hearts to God, quiet our hearts before Him, and truly call out to Him. Then how should we pray to God? Some brothers and sisters think that God doesn’t listen to our prayers and they are confused about this. Then what prayers does God listen to? The following 7 Bible verses can help us learn how to pray to God.
1. But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. – Matthew 6:7
2. The LORD is near to all them that call on him, to all that call on him in truth. – Psalm 145:18
3. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the middle of them. – Matthew 18:20
4. But you, when you pray, enter into your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father which is in secret; and your Father which sees in secret shall reward you openly. – Matthew 6:6
5. I called on the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. – Psalm 118：5
6. But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which spitefully use you, and persecute you; – Matthew 5:44
7. And when you stand praying, forgive, if you have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. – Mark 11:25
You are welcome to leave messages to us or chat with us via the online window at the bottom of the website, or use our Bible Verses by Topic page to quickly find verses about popular topics.
How can we let go of the fear to accept and obey trails and refinements? You’ll understand God’s will behind trails and have a way forward after reading this article.
How do we read the Bible to gain God’s guidance? Grasp these 3 principles and we will get enlightened and easily grow closer to God.
Fast-paced life makes us bound by all kinds of people, things, and matters, so that we grow further and further apart from God. Here are 4 ways to help us strengthen our relationship with God.
David and Goliath (Full Version) - With God Nothing Is Impossible This vivid animation has outlined the story of David and Goliath. There was a great disparity in strength between them. Beyond a doubt, all Christians are familiar with this story. The slight shepherd, David, amazingly defeated the giant Goliath, who was over nine feet tall. He protected the Israelis from aggression. Whenever I read this story, the Lord’s word will come to my mind, “With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.” David, who has firm faith in God, killed the giant Goliath, who was hard to defeat, with a stone. Obviously, in God there is nothing that cannot be accomplished. I have been so inspired by this story. In real life, friction among colleagues, having difficulty getting along with customers, deterioration in business performance, etc., such difficulties always come upon me and I have no idea how to deal with them. Sometimes, I didn’t want to face the reality because of passiveness and cowardice. After reading this story, I came to know that I had not enough faith in God. Rather than relying on God, I solved the problems only with my own efforts. Afterwards, when I run into heavy weather, I’d like to come before God and pray to Him, entrusting my difficulties into His hands and obeying His arrangement. I deeply believe that God knows everyone’s difficulties and needs. When we truly depend on God, He will make a way for us. Only in this way, difficulties cannot stand in the way of me, but work as a steppingstone for the growth of my life, helping me grow constantly and become stronger. If you have other understanding or new light about this video, you’re welcome to have a chat with us via the online chat window at the bottom of the website or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We Look forward to sharing with more brothers and sisters about your enlightenment from God and growing together in Christ. You may be interested in this article: Relying on God and Gaining the Path to Walk – Christian Experience