The Lord Jesus said, “Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” He preached the way of repentance and hoped that we could repent and confess our sins, because unsanctified people can’t enter God’s Kingdom. We are deeply corrupted by Satan, though the Lord Jesus has forgiven our sins through crucifixion, we have sinful nature within. We often commit sins and oppose God, and can not live out the Lord’s teachings, so in that case we could only fall into darkness in the end. From these verses I understand God’s will: He cherishes our sincere repentance and hopes we can survive.
- Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: – Matthew 3:8
- I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. – Luke 5:32
- I tell you, No: but, except you repent, you shall all likewise perish. – Luke 13:3
- I say to you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repents, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. – Luke 15:7
- Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repents. – Luke 15:10
- Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. – Acts 2:38
- Repent you therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. – Acts 3:19
- And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commands all men every where to repent: – Acts 17:30
- In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; – 2 Timothy 2:25
- The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. – 2 Peter 3:9
- Remember therefore from where you are fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come to you quickly, and will remove your candlestick out of his place, except you repent. – Revelation 2:5
- Repent; or else I will come to you quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. – Revelation 2:16
- Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. – Revelation 2:22
- Remember therefore how you have received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore you shall not watch, I will come on you as a thief, and you shall not know what hour I will come on you. – Revelation 3:3
- As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. – Revelation 3:19
Chat With Us!
At the crucial time of the Lord’s return, how can we welcome Him? Feel free to chat with us. Let us explore the mystery of the Lord’s return and more together.
Chat live with us!
Chat with us on Messenger